I’ve got a couple of phobias. Clowns (I will punch a clown OWT!), mimes (I will punch a mime OWT!) and heights. I have different reactions for each phobia. For instance, when I’m up too high, my butt cheeks have a seizure. When I see a clown, I have to suppress violence….and when I see a mime, I want to shake it like a martini and force it to speak. I particularly don’t like it when mimes and clowns get in your face and want to interract and make eye contact. This only intensifies my phobic reactions. So if I see one of them approaching, I point directly at them and cock my head to the side, as if to say, “You get any closer and I’ll beat the brakes off you AND the horse you rode in on.”
In my studies, I have found that there are some jacked up phobias out there. I admit I’d like to hang out with some of these phobics just to see what their particular phobic reactions are. Like Bolshephobia. A fear of Bolsheviks. Really? A Bolshevik? Don’t sit there and act like you wouldn’t want to wag a Bolshevik in front of their face just to see. You know you’d do it. I know I would.
So here are some of my phobic faves. Don’t be skeered.
* Autodysomophobia – Fear of one that has a vile odor.
* Automatonophobia – Fear of ventriloquist’s dummies, animatronic creatures, wax statues; anything that falsely represents a sentient being.
* Bromidrosiphobia or Bromidrophobia- Fear of body smells.
* Defecaloesiophobia- Fear of painful bowels movements.
* Helminthophobia- Fear of being infested with worms.
* Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
* Koinoniphobia- Fear of rooms. Awkward.
* Lutraphobia- Fear of otters.
* Metrophobia- Fear or hatred of poetry.
* Omphalophobia- Fear of belly buttons.
* Ophthalmophobia- Fear of being stared at.
* Papaphobia- Fear of the Pope.
* Peladophobia- Fear of bald people.
* Pentheraphobia- Fear of mother-in-law. (Novercaphobia)
* Polyphobia- Fear of many things.
* Rhabdophobia- Fear of being severely punished or beaten by a rod, or of being severely criticized. Also fear of magic.(wand)
* Syngenesophobia- Fear of relatives.
* Thaasophobia- Fear of sitting.
* Walloonphobia- Fear of the Walloons.
* Zemmiphobia- Fear of the great mole rat.