I came across this website that listed 50 questions that would free your mind. There’s no right or wrong answer. So. I will now expose my mind via blog by answering 25 of the 50 questions. I encourage you to do the same. You’d be surprised at what you’re forced to reflect on.
1) How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
I’d be the toddler who gets pissed at herself for falling down, but gets back up anyway.
2) Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Never trying out of fear of failure.
3) If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Because the majority of people are victims of society; completely driven by the ego and forever striving to keep up with the status quo, losing the true sense of Self altogether.
4) When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
In my evolution, I’ve learned to scale back my rock ’em sock ’em fantasies and focus on my particular corner of the world where I’m perfectly capable to do what I say and say what I do.
5) What’s the one thing you’d like to change about the world?
Money. Take it all away and bring back the bartering system. It would force us to get along with others and see that we all depend on each other for survival.
6) If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Creating with my hands.
7) Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I’m proud to say I’m doing exactly what I believe in…even though sometimes I doubt myself and my capabilities.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you lived your life differently?
While most don’t understand this, I wouldn’t do anything differently. I’m emotionally, mentally and physically at a place of completion and maintaining a holding pattern. I’m 39.
9) To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I use a variety of divination tools to point me in the right direction and use my free will from there. I lived the first half of my life completely lost. I’ve seized THIS half of my life by the horns.
10) Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Most of the time, I’m more concerned with getting it right. The hardest lesson for me is to give up perfection and know when to move on.
11) You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
Exactly what Sandra Bullock did in the movie “The Blind Side”, when her friends began to unjustly ridicule Michael. I’d say “Shame on all ya’ll”…then get up and pay the entire bill.
12) If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Try with all your might to remember the wisdom you came into this world with….and to maintain that sense of wonder throughout the remainder of your life.
13) Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Absolutely, without a second thought.
14) Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Yes. I’m living it.
15) What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I see things in patterns and symbols. You may see a stop-sign. I see an octagon with eight sides. Both the octagon and number 8 are symbols for regeneration, transition and infinity. A reminder that we always have the ability to stop and start over.
16) Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Yes. Pain associated with abandonment issues. BUT! I’m aware and working to release this.
17) What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Fear. Fear of rejection. Fear of failure.
18) Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
I become worried when trying to find the joy in simplicity.
19) What are you most grateful for?
20) If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
21) What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
22) When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
When you feel the most lost and confused…that’s when it’s time to move forward.
23) What would you do differently if you knew others would not judge you?
I’d come out of my house.
24) If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
No way….but I’ve have a swanky studio!
25) Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Because religion originated with man. True spirituality originated with God…who is Love.
Filed under: Life | Tagged: blogs, culture, life, life skills, lifestyle, meditation, new age, personal, questions, religion, spirituality, world views, yoga, zen | 3 Comments »